Best South Florida Cities
55+ CommmunitiesAll-Age Communities
55+ CommmunitiesAll-Age Communities
Explore the Best South Florida Cities to Call Home
Start your home search now by scrolling through the best South Florida cities to call home in the list above. Cities are divided into all-age and 55 plus communities.
Whether you're looking for small beach towns or major cities with thriving nightlife, our featured city page is sure to deliver. Find the best South Florida cities to retire in or ideal neighborhoods for families with great schools. Get detailed neighborhood information for single-family home communities, condos, townhouses, and villas.
- Discover oceanfront condos and waterfront communities with boating services.
- New construction is springing up all over South Florida; get a sneak peek into the newest developments.
- Take a deep dive into the most exclusive luxury communities in Palm Beach and Broward Counties.
- Looking for a 55 and over community with great amenities? See a full list of active adult communities in each city and find out if the community has a heated pool, tennis courts, fitness center, or social clubs.
- Find a home for Fido with detailed pet policies, including dog weight limits. For more detailed information on pet-friendly communities, visit our list of South Florida Pet-Friendly 55 Plus Communities. Visit the Real-ativity Pet Guide for tips on moving to Florida with your pets where you will learn about pet ordinances and Florida service animal requirements, and will find comprehensive lists of the best services and amenities for your fur babies.
- Find out how much HOA and COA dues are and what they cover. Many gated communities in Florida offer low-maintenance living with Associations that provide lawn care, exterior pressure washing, and even house painting.
- Looking for a non-HOA community, no worries...we provide detailed information for non-HOA neighborhoods in South Florida as well.
- Get a real feel for each neighborhood by exploring grocery stores, shopping malls, restaurants, nightlife, parks & nature preserves, transportation, hospitals, and schools nearby.
Navigating Our City Pages
- The Overview Tab will teach you about the city's history and lifestyle. Learn about the city's founders and how the municipality has evolved over time. Get a real feel for the lifestyle. Is the city known for nature preserves, golfing, luxury shopping, a great art scene, fine dining, or boating?
- The Community Connection Tab provides information for services and government departments so you can get a feel for how the city is operated. Find detailed information for everything from city hall and community development to public transportation and school districts.
- The Entertainment Food & Nightlife Information Tab lists all of the highest-rated restaurants, bars, and attractions in the city.
Navigating Our Neighborhood Pages
Simply scroll to the bottom of each city page to see a list of neighborhoods. Click on the corresponding neighborhood, where you will find a description of the community and four additional sections:
- Design & Construction: Property type, year built, square footage, construction type, and architectural designs.
- Association Information: Monthly dues and what they cover, HOA restrictions including detailed vehicle and pet policies, application fees, credit requirements, and management company contact information.
- Neighborhood Amenities: Clubhouses, pools, sports courts, golf courses, fitness centers, boat docks, classes, theaters, ballrooms, shuttles, social clubs etc.
- Explore Nearby: Discover lifestyle amenities and services in the surrounding area, including shopping, restaurants, nightlife, entertainment & recreation, hospitals, and transportation.
Scroll to the bottom of each neighborhood page to browse homes for sale in the community. Please note that listings will only appear if there are active listings available in the neighborhood. If you see a listing that strikes your fancy, click schedule a tour, and we will line up a showing for you.
BOCA RATON *What tech company released their first version of a personal computer in Boca Raton, FL, in 1981? Learn about Boca Raton's history.
BOYNTON BEACH *Did you know Boynton Beach is growing to be a cultural hotspot in South Florida? The city hosts a biennial art festival. Uncover more about arts & culture in Boynton Beach.
DELRAY BEACH *What long-neck large bird commonly nests at the Wakadahjatchee Wetlands in Delray Beach? South Florida is the only place in the U.S. where this species of bird nests. Discover Delray Beach bird watching.
FORT LAUDERDALE *Did you know Fort Lauderdale has an exciting form of transportation that correlates to the city's "Venice of America" slogan? Learn about the unique way to get around in Fort Lauderdale.
JUNO BEACH *From May to October, Juno Beach has one of the highest concentrations of nests in the state of what reptile? Uncover more fun facts about Juno Beach Wildlife.
JUPITER *What is the name of the baseball stadium located in Jupiter where the Cardinals and Miami Dolphins have Spring training? Find out about Jupiter Spring Training.
LAKE WORTH *For over 25 years, Lake Worth has been known for its annual art festival. Do you know what type of art that is featured? Discover more about the lifestyle and culture of Lake Worth.
LANTANA *At one point, Lantana was home to what famous tabloid? Check out some fun facts about Lantana.
PALM BEACH GARDENS *Since 2007, which famous golf tournament has been held at the PGA National Resort? Find out more about golf in Palm Beach Gardens.
WELLINGTON *Wellington once was known as the world's largest field of what fruit? Learn more about Wellington's history.
WEST PALM BEACH *From West Palm Beach, grab a quick boat ride to what 80-acre island is known for clear waters for snorkeling? Learn more about snorkeling in West Palm Beach.